Dr Peta Stapleton has 25 years experience as a registered Clinical & Health Psychologist in Queensland, Australia and has completed a Bachelor of Arts, Postgraduate Diploma of Professional Psychology and Doctor of Philosophy. Peta held academic positions at Griffith University for 14 years, teaching and coordinating psychological research trials into new therapies in the area of obesity and weight management and is now Associate Professor in Psychology at Bond University.
Peta regularly contributes to the academic field with research publications. She regularly reviews for academic journals and offers supervision for new and existing professionals as well as students.
Peta is well known internationally in the area of Clinical EFT and is consulted for podcasts, radio, television and print media for her expert opinion. Peta’s most significant contribution in her research life has been to lead world-first randomized clinical trials investigating Emotional Freedom Techniques (or ‘Tapping’). The results have been outstanding. This treatment has now been compared to a gold standard, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and also in an online and self-directed format. See Peta’s research page at Bond University for publications.
As a result of this research she has been invited to write The Science Behind Tapping for Hay House, speak at conferences worldwide, and deliver master classes as webinars for international audiences.
Peta has also developed the Weight Management Psychology – Emotional Freedom Techniques for Weight Management Online Program with Glenn Mackintosh, and this is now available worldwide.
Peta has been awarded many honours, including:
- 2019. Winner, Psychologist of the Year. Australian Allied Health Awards.
- 2018. Winner. Innovation and Technology Award – Gold Coast Women in Business Awards
- 2016. Winner. Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology Greatest Contribution to the Field Award (USA)
- 2015. Winner. Global Weight Management Congress Industry Professional Award of Excellence
- 2015. Winner. Gold Coast Women in Change Award – Gold Coast Women in Business Awards
- 2014. Winner. Harvey Baker Research Award for meticulous research in Energy Psychology (USA)
- 2014. Gold Coast Ambassador – Gold Coast Tourism
- 2014. Winner – Gold Coast Convention Centre Linkage Grant Program
- 2001. Australian Psychological Society Women Interest Group Award. Winner- Elaine Dignan Award
- 2000. Millennium Women’s Gold Coast Business and Community Awards Community Category Finalist
- 1998. Achiever of the Year. Winner – Gold Coast Junior Chamber of Commerce