I am naturally very auditory (my university students might not think so with my dense powerpoint slides!) – I easily learn by listening and often drive around with a podcast, lecture, or CD playing. These are a few of my favourites circulating in the car (until the girls get in and put music on!).
- The Secret – this is the audio version of the book version of the documentary/movie. I find that because there are snippets of interviews and quotes it is easy to drive and listen in for some inspiration on the way to work. I know The Secret has been criticised for being too simplistic (e.g. You asked for your wish, believed it would happen but it never came true) and this is where something like EFT/Tapping may help to overcome core beliefs (e.g. I am not good enough) or events that happened in the past to set up ways of thinking/feeling. If I listen to The Secret and a certain idea results in a negative thought in my own mind (e.g. ‘as if that will ever happen’) then I may use EFT when I get home to discover where it came from, and then resolve any issues.
- Quantum Field Clearing is the CD of the technique relating to Dr David Hamilton’s book How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body. It has 4 parts – the first 3 are a lecture outlining the principles (you can listen to this driving around) but the 4th part os the actual technique (note: do NOT drive while listening to this part – best done lying/sitting in a nice calm space at home). This is a guided visualisation by my favourite placebo scientist David and demonstrates that the power lies in our own minds, in our perception of disease. You listen and follow along – going down through the layers of biology in the body beyond the atomic level, where an illness or disease can be viewed as waves of energy instead of a solid substance. This is a must (even just to listen to David’s divine Scottish accent).
- I love the I am Wishes Fulfilled Meditation by Dr Wayne Dyer. As Wayne explains, ‘I discovered while reading James Twyman’s book The Moses Code that the sounds you will be hearing in this CD were the result of some intense research to reproduce the exact sounds associated with the name of God found in the Old Testament, translated from the original Hebrew as I am that I am. ‘It turns out that specific numbers can be assigned to letters. And the tuning-fork sounds you’ll be meditating to are the exact sounds ascribed to the letters that comprise the Divine name of God. This has been called the most powerful meditation tool in the history of the world. I encourage you to become open to the idea that these sounds, when accompanied by you own I am mantra, can and will provide you with the ability to live a wishes fulfilled life.’ The sound is just beautiful and even if you weren’t spiritual at all, it is a lovely sound for your meditation practice (Note: do NOT drive while listening to this track).
- Another one by Dr Wayne Dyer – Meditations For Manifesting : Morning and Evening Meditations to Literally Create Your Heart’s Desire has had a huge impact in my life. At a time when we were struggling financially many moons ago, I didn’t have many creative ideas so I just decided I would do this meditation every morning and see what happened – it uses the universal power sound, “AH.” (The Evening Meditation for Gratitude uses the words “OM” and “Shal-OM”). After several weeks of doing this meditation my husband was offered a multiple 6 figure position while buying his coffee; a job that was supposed to last 6 months and lasted 18! Money problem solved. One for the bookshelf (and meditation practice! Thank you Wayne!).
- Finally Anita Morjani’s Deep Meditation For Healing complements her book Dying to Be Me. If you haven’t read, Anita had lymphoma, which had spread throughout her body, and her organs were beginning to shut down (the doctors expected her to die). Anita experienced a near-death experience (NDE) and, within 24 hours of coming out of the coma, she had a newfound knowing about her own life. Subsequently, her body healed very rapidly, and within weeks doctors found no traces of cancer. This CD contains a highly specialised program that uses sound at different frequencies to guide you to a state of very deep and meditative relaxation (note: do NOT listen while driving – you want a really nice cool, dark peaceful space for this meditation – it is lovely!). You can see Anita signed this CD for me – we met in Brisbane a few years ago – being near her was the most peaceful feeling I have ever encountered in a person.
That’s all for now – more on recommendations on EFT books in other posts, and specific topic areas.
Please note I do recommend Book Depository for books as I love that they have free postage worldwide. I am also an affiliate for them given the amount of books I purchase! Of course you are welcome to shop at your local store or favourite site online!