Training in EFT Tapping
Peta is a highly skilled, effective and personable lecturer, teacher and trainer. She hosts Evidence Based EFT Trainings for health professionals and teachers each year (in person and online), as well as delivering Masterclasses, Workshops and Keynotes speeches at conferences around the world.
EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques and is commonly referred to as “Tapping” or “psychological acupuncture”. The developers of EFT see it as being similar to acupuncture without the use of needles. EFT is a powerful self-help method based on research showing that emotional trauma contributes greatly to disease. Clinical trials have shown that EFT is able to rapidly reduce the emotional impact of memories and incidents that trigger emotional distress. Simply, it is a self applied stress reduction tool that can be taught to anyone, and children as young as 5 years.
Whether you’re a life coach wanting to add to your qualifications, a therapist wishing to integrate EFT into your existing practice, a psychologist seeking effective tools to address PTSD, a teacher looking for innovative classroom skills, or whether you simply want to use EFT for yourself and your friends, you will find the EFT training process a rewarding, stimulating, and supportive experience.
Training in EFT Tapping
Evidence Based EFT for Personal Use – 1 Day Workshops
*open to anyone from the community over the age of 16 years
If you want to learn a stress reduction technique backed by over 150 published trials, Emotional Freedom Techniques (Tapping) might be for you! Spend a day with an approved trainer who will teach you the version of EFT from the clinical trials for 3 main areas.
- In the morning you will learn how to use EFT for stress and worry.
- Before lunch you will learn how to apply EFT for physical issues such as pain.
- After lunch you will learn how to tap for insomnia and sleep issues.
Handouts and resources, including further trainings will be supplied.
Because Tapping is a tool which is practical, hands-on, and easy to apply, it is a unique way to assist people from all walks of life. It has an immediate calming effect and can be used with children as young as 3-4 years of age. We will also discuss how you can teach your child how to tap.
Head over to the events page here to see when the next Evidence Based EFT for Personal Use workshop is happening near you!
This training is now also offered online and self paced – head here to access this today!
Certification in EFT
There are several reputable EFT trainings available worldwide if you are looking to deepen your experience and knowledge.
Here is a small list you may wish to explore:
- Evidence Based EFT – this is Peta’s signature training for existing health professionals and teachers, in Clinical Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT). It is not designed for lay people wanting to become a practitioner. This is a skills trainings, not a certification and is designed to upskill exisiting professionals working with clients in a counselling/therapy capacity. You may grandfather to EFT Universe or EFT International below for certification.
- Evidence Based EFT for Personal Use (see workshop description above) – this is open for anyone to attend to learn how to use EFT for yourself.
- EFT Universe certification program – there are 2 Australian trainers for this program – Jenny Johnston and Naomi Janzen.
- EFT International (previously known as AAMET) – is a not-for-profit global association of dedicated EFT practitioners, trainers and students. They offer EFT certification throughout the world with qualified trainer and you can read more here.
- The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology – this training is designed for licensed health care professionals, and offers the freedom of online training with live, virtual practice. You can read more here about their training and certification pathways.
While you will find more trainings available worldwide by searching, they will all offer something different. If you are interested in becoming certified, check the trainings above.
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is still considered experimental in nature although it is gaining in scientific support it is not yet widely accepted as a formally validated scientific technique. All workshops and trainings are intended to promote awareness of the benefits of learning and applying EFT – however, the general public must take full responsibility for their use of it. This material is for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for traditional medical attention, counseling, therapy or advice from a qualified health care professional. Neither EFT nor the information here is intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or disorder. If you experience any unusual symptoms practicing the technique you should seek the advice of a health professional. Although the results of our research indicated that many people benefiting from the use of EFT with their food cravings, weight loss, anxiety and depression, the responses to the technique are individual. A lack of result or progress may mean you need professional assistance. If you have any concern regarding your health or mental state, it is recommend that you seek out advice or treatment from a qualified, licensed health care professional. Before making any dietary changes or discontinuing, reducing or increasing prescription medications it is recommended that you consult with a doctor, pharmacist or other qualified medical or health professional first.